Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 5, 2010

Important doctor's appt tomorrow...

So, tomorrow I see my endo.  I will get the results of my last labs (dex test) and then we are having a serious heart to heart.  I am telling him I want his referral to get another MRI on a 3T machine.  He will either agree or not and depending on his answer, I will decide if I stay with this endo or not.  I have a feeling he is gonna say to do another MRI w/contrast on the regular machine.  This won't be acceptable to me.  I'd rather go ahead and get the MRI on the 3T.  My insurance will cover it and so I see no reason to do the regular 'strength' MRI again when the 3T is available.  The reason I say this is because there is no 3T machine here where I live/where he practices and some doctors don't like that 'loss of control/being in charge' feeling.  I pray that he will do what is in my best interest and not his own.  We shall see.
I will say that I haven't been unhappy with this endo.  He has done everything he is supposed to do and I got a diagnosis very quickly and I like him.  My main issue is just time.  He orders a test and then I have to wait 2 weeks to get the results..order another test and wait and so on and on.  In the meantime, my health is just declining in every way imaginable.  I realize I have to be my advocate and press this as much as I can.  I know God is here and he will fight for me...he reminds me of this and I know it in my heart.  I have just got to trust. 

No comments:

Post a Comment