Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Had all my pre-op stuff today...

Started off the day at the neuro's office where the schedule-chic gave me the run down of my insurance and had me sign all the 'okay forms' so they can go inside my head-lol.  It was pretty quick and then she sent me on my way to the hospital for an EKG and a chest X-ray and of course, labs.  Got everything done and so it's on for next Tuesday at 7:30 AM.  I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 AM...nice. Of course, I am generally awake until about that time so at least I will be good and sleepy by the time we get to the hospital.
So on a 'funny' note...the gal who attempted to do my labs was a trip.  If there is one thing Cushing's patients are used to, that is lab work but this chic took it to another level.  Let me preface by saying that I have horrid veins.  They are tiny, deep and they roll.  Very few lab folks get me on the 1st or 2nd poke and I am used to it.  I mean, it honestly doesn't phase me anymore and it doesn't hurt when they poke and prod around my arms.  Anyway, my lab lady was new.  She was funny though because she wasn't that 'nervous' type of new..she was just 'I am gonna stick this needle in your hand, your arm, your other hand and your arm again and just hope I get a vein' type.  I mean, seriously, she stuck me and stuck me..the time in my arm, I could even see there was no vein.  I was looking at her like she was insane.  I was literally her pin cushion.  She wasted no time and was just opening up needles like a mad woman.  So, she calls a nurse over to assist her.  The nurse is almost as bad..she whips my hand over and sticks me on the underside of my wrist.  I actually felt a tingle in my hand and then felt the blood coming through the vein. It wasn't painful but was such an odd feeling.  At this point, I was almost laughing thinking these ladies were just nuts but they got all the tubes filled....
So, its on.  Tumor, we are coming to get you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment