Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Playing doctor

So, I had my MRI yesterday.  It was supposed to be with and without contrast, however due to my veins not cooperating, we only got to do the regular/no contrast part.  The guy who did it acted fairly confident that the doctor would be able to read it without the contrast but of course couldn't say 'for sure' since he is not a doctor.  He told me they'd let me know if I needed to come back to do it with the contrast and I haven't heard anything.  I am assuming they saw something.  Of course, my impatience got the best of me and I looked at the CD they gave me to give to the doctor and compared them to MRI images online.  I *think* I saw something but of course in reality I know I have no idea what I am looking at...lol.
I go next Tuesday for a CT scan of my adrenal glands and then wait 1 week and then get all the official results.  I am just wanting a Pit tumor to be found so I can get onto a surgery date.  It's so hilarious to me to hear myself say I want surgery and want a tumor.  But with Cushing's..that is what you want..to find the little booger causing so much trauma and to GET.IT.OUT!   The road to recovery is long, I know but I am ready to get started on the journey.  It has been so incredibly long since I've felt 'good' that I don't even remember what it feels like and I cannot wait!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update, Lisa!! I pray you'll get answers soon. I know what you mean about wanting them to find something so you can tackle it, deal with it, and move forward!

    I'm *still* waiting for my CT Scan to be scheduled. Yes, scheduled. It's been two weeks since the appointment... amazing health care system we have here in Canada, huh? :)

    In the meantime, I'm still losing weight and feeling unwell. So while that sucks, maybe by the time they schedule my CT scan, I'll be down another dozen pounds and at least enjoying the weight loss while we wait! Two sizes down, 6 to go!

    ReplyDelete