Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Taking it one day at time...

Recovery continues to be tough.  Not as bad as those first couple of weeks but I really never know from hour to hour how I am going to feel.  I never feel good but some days are bettwe than others.  It is crazy though...one minute I am doing a load of laundry and the next I am on the couch, out of breath, feeling like I have ran a marathon.  This morning, I was fine one minute and the next, I felt like my hip was broken and my legs were just aching.  I cannot wait for a day with no pain and a little energy although I know I still have a long way to go.
This disease is just so nasty.  The damage Cushing's did to my body is just mind boggling.  Besides the obvious damage you can see to my skin and hair, etc..the internal damage and even mental/emotional damage is insane.  I continue to be thankful for the ability to read others stories and know there is light at the end of this.  And I am even more thankful to God for getting me to a diagnosis and surgery...

No comments:

Post a Comment