Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Recovery.

Oh my Lord.  You try and prepare yourself for the recovery process.  You read the horror stories, you know they say it is worse than the disease itself, you know it's like a drug addict withdrawing..but still, there is no preperation.  This is awful.  I am in such pain.  We haven't started my cortisol replacement therapy yet so basically, I have 'bottomed' out cortisol-wise and my body is feeling it. 
The surgery itself was a success so far..very simple, recovered quickly from that part. I still have the stitches up my nose but all the packing is gone and I can smell/taste again.  The tumor was very visable and the consistency of toothpaste according to the surgeon.  I go next Wednesday for my follow-up with him and more details on size/pathology, etc. 
For now, I've just got to get these replacements in order so I can at least walk and function.  I know this is a beginning to an end but geez...this is rough as hell to put it nicely.  Thank goodness I can read the other stories that show it will get better eventually..just gotta press on.  Lord, please help me.

2 comments:

  1. Can't even imagine, Lisa... praying for strength for the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they had to pack it? Mine isnt very visible so he is kind of going VFR, or by sight. Please keep writing. Im scared now!

    ReplyDelete