Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 8, 2011

Still truckin' along...

I cannot believe it has been so long since I last posted. Let's see...a good bit has happened.  I ended up switching Endo docs because, well, to put it nicely, I just wasn't getting the care I deserve as a patient.  I am now going to a clinic that specializes in pit gland disorders such as Cushing's.  I started in November and in my first visit, felt like I got more information that I had in a year with my old doctor.  I was told that the dosage of steroids I had been on for the past several months was way too high for my body size and she was not surprised one bit that I wasn't feeling any relief from the Cushing's symptoms.  She said she had no way to confirm I hadn't relapsed or that the tumor wasn't fully removed in the first place at that point but had strong suspicions that my lack of freedom from symptoms was steroid-related.  So, we started a wean.  Luckily, my body has reacted well thus far.  Don't get me wrong, I still feel the aches and pains that come along with coming off steroids but I haven't been sick-sick.  I am now on 10mg per day and hoping to keep on the downhill slope.  I am still being tested regularly.
I did have a major set back in December.  I ruptured 2 discs in my back and had to have surgery 2 days before Christmas.  Then, shortly after surgery, learned they accidentally left a piece of the surgical tube in my back and had to have surgery yet again.  Happy Holidays, huh? lol
So...that combined with the weaning process has not been fun but I think..maybe...just maybe I am starting to see a small light at the end of this tunnel I've been in for years now.  I am hopeful anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment