Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Less than a month...

and if all goes well, I will be off steroids for the first time in a long time.  I've been weaning since November and since then have lost about 30 lbs so I am beyond stoked at the hope of being done with them forever.  It is wierd, Cushing's is caused by your body producing way too much of the stuff, you get rid of the tumor causing that and then your body decides to stop making it all together.  At least that is what my body did.  Lab work is showing my body is making it, hence the wean but I will admit the nightmare of last Summer haunts me and makes me fear coming off it again.  Last Summer, my 'old' doctor stopped me cold turkey and I went into major withdrawals..spent 3 weekends in the ER and much longer on my couch. It was miserable.  Anyhow, I feel I am in good hands now and she has been slow with the wean but still, I am a little scared. 
In other news, I am feeling better little by little.  I still have crappy days and aches and pains that 'normal' people don't contend with but I can see progress.  Emotionally, I still have crappy days as well.  I have some serious self-esteem issues because of the weight & damage Cushing's has done to my body.  I get so angry when I think that even if I lose all the weight, some of the damage is there forever.  Logically, I know there is no reason to be angry...no one to be angry at and really, being angry changes nothing but still, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sometimes.  Maybe that will change in time..I hope so.

1 comment:

  1. I do understand what u r going through. I am sorry u r struggling so much. Stay strong and educate as much as u can about this horrible disease. B ur own advocate or find someone who will support u. All of these things helped me get through the darkest days. If u would like to keep in touch plz email me at vemaja74@gmail.com. Take care and god bless u!!

    ReplyDelete